Find
Notify
Tools

Chamber reamers wanted
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of h2oboy
posted
I am looking for a few chamber reamers. I would prefer lightly used, not something I have to have re-sharpened. However, I will consider reamers that need sharpened if the price is right. Fixed of removable pilot are both ok.
.270 Win
.44 Mag (rifle)
.22 LR

Thanks

Dirk Schimmel
D Schimmel LLC
Dirk@DoubleRifles.Us
1-307-257-9447

Double rifles make Africa safe enough for bolt guns!

Posts: 495 | Location: Gillette,Wyoming | Registered: 16 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
Reamers come up on flea bay from time to time, so you might check there. There has always been reamers there but I just checked and none listed at this time. Keep checking, I've seen some good reamers sell pretty cheap, usally ones I already have. Most look to be and described as once used...and here on AR, they come up every now and again in classfieds.

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of h2oboy
posted Hide Post
Thanks.
I never think about E Bay. I will check there as well.
By the way I am looking for a .450 3 1/4 NE as well.

Dirk Schimmel
D Schimmel LLC
Dirk@DoubleRifles.Us
1-307-257-9447

Posts: 495 | Location: Gillette,Wyoming | Registered: 16 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you can get by with renting instead of buying:

Elk Ridge

They carry some of the NE calibers.

For some reason they list the 270Win under their 264 Caliber offerings.

Posts: 257 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 18 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
One bad thing with Elk Ridge is they are damn slow to ship. And with shipping, insurance, head space gauges, and a one over pilot. Well for few more bucks I could have bought the reamer brand new. But Brownells was out of stock so I had no choice but to rent and wait.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of h2oboy
posted Hide Post
I am not in a hurry for the reamers. I could rent but I hate to. I have had a lot of problems with service and with several reamers. I prefer to buy a used reamer still in good shape. FiguredI would try here and see what happened.

Dirk Schimmel
D Schimmel LLC
Dirk@DoubleRifles.Us
1-307-257-9447

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There used to be a guy who was selling a whole bunch of new/used reamers, he advertised them all over the net though from the last time i spoke to him he was being re-deployed, have not heard from him since so he is either still over there or......

"Savageguy" was his handle on some boards i think.

Paz

458AR & 500AR owner (yes it is done dancing )
12GFH in the pipeline(but not a real one, just a "mini one"!!
The single shot on fine and beautiful lines built by a master craftsman is indeed a gentleman's piece...
Colonel Townsend Whelen

Posts: 105 | Location: N.S.W. Australia | Registered: 05 August 2008Reply With Quote