Find
Notify
Tools

Kimber trigger adjustment
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted
I just bought a new Kimber 84M Pro Varmint in .223. The trigger is very nice with no creep, but it's a little on the heavy side right now.....just a hair over 4 lbs. measured on my Lyman trigger pull gauge. The trigger is supposed to be fully adjustable, so how do I go about lightening the trigger pull? Is it simple enough to do myself, or will I need to bring it to a gunsmith? I've never messed with a trigger on a mauser action. The only triggers I have dealt with were on Browning A-bolts. Thanks.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3110 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not a problem. I just did it to my new 223 Montana. It was set at 3.5 lbs and I dropped that to 2.25. It's a nice clean trigger.
Check the website for Resources ,then manuals.On the 84M manual you'll see an exploded view of the trigger group.The adjustment screw is part 49 [mis -titled trigger adjustment spring ! ] Loosen the lock-nut and adjust to your liking. I wouldn't try anything less than about 2 lbs. Stay away from adjusting sear engagement. Test for safety by rapid bolt operation a number of times and by hitting the butt on a hard surface.
They set these triggers to 3.5-4.0 lbs .They have the lawyer thing by saying it's adjustable but then say don't adjust it , send it to the factory. Roll Eyes

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
mete,

Thanks. I just did it in about 15 minutes.....tuned it down to a perfect 2.0 lbs. I appreciate the help. Another question though....off topic. It is EXTREMELY hard to put this rifle back on safety after the safety has been pushed off. Is there any way to make this a little easier?

Posts: 3110 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very good ! tu2
Mine doesn't have the safety problem so I can't help you there .You might start by getting some lube in there and working it back and forth until it loosens up.

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mete:
Very good ! tu2
Mine doesn't have the safety problem so I can't help you there .You might start by getting some lube in there and working it back and forth until it loosens up.

Tried that, but it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
2 things you can do - you have a small sharp edge that makes it hard. either round it off slightly or just sit back watch TV and flip the safe off and on until it wears in

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote