Find
Notify
Tools

Charles Daly Mauser Trigger?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Tiny
posted
Does anyone know of on line source for information on how one adjusts the trigger on the Charles Daly Mauser's?

Thanks.

Have a Great Day and God Bless

Posts: 205 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: 19 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes sir!! You remove the trigger assembly and replace it with a Timney. My original trigger would not stay consistant and the safety was questionable on my 375H&H. Timney solved all these problems

Buddy Roberts

Posts: 183 | Location: Bedford, Texas | Registered: 19 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of South40
posted Hide Post
Here the instructions for adjusting a Mark-X trigger from Kuhnhausen's book:

S40

Youth and vitality are wasted on the young.

Posts: 442 | Location: Way out west | Registered: 28 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
I'm with Buddy Roberts! lol I know that didn't answer your question but, I find those CD abominations not worth the effort to adjust and recently replaced mine with Timney w/o safety and put a Jim Kobe two position bolt shroud safety on it. Works like a champ and looks cooooool!

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
The CD triggers are terrible...if you adjust the trigger pull down the safety will not work. I messed with mine for hours and never got the thing to function properly. I sold the gun and now it is someone elses problem!

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I've used the MKX and CD triggers for years. I have never had a problem getting a nice 3# trigger pull. As to the safety. After you adjust the sear and pull weight you need to re-adjust the trigger. I screw the safety screw in until the trigger will not function then slow back it out until I can pull the trigger.

I agree there are better triggers but I have numerous that work just fine.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tiny,

I have to agree with the others here, especially ramrod. Regarding the quality of the trigger; certainly not the best but servicable; AFTER adjustment. As they come from the factory; most are way-y-y out of whack.

I took mine back to the retailer and watched their German gunsmith adjust it - exactly the way the instructions above read. He adjusted it to be a very usable trigger, with a reasonable weight, no creep or overtravel, and the safety functions perfectly.

He did it in ten minutes including taking the rifle out of the stock and re-assembling. I could have probably have accomplished the same in an hour. So you be the best jusge of the way to go forward with this.

Have Fun!

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tiny
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys esp South 40 thats what I was in need of.

Have a Great Day and God Bless

Posts: 205 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: 19 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just adjusted the trigger on a charles daly 30-06. Thanks south40 for the information, I'd been meaning to look for it on the web but you saved me a lot of time by plopping it down here in front of me. I mounted a leupold FX-III 6x42 on it at the same time. It took me about an hour from start to finish of fixing the trigger, lapping the rings and mounting the scope.

I haven't put a scale to it yet, but I'm really happy with the trigger, it seems around 3 lbs and is nice and crisp (safety works fine). It started off with a LOT of creep, but the instructions were good and I was able to make it a very satisfactory trigger.

I bought this rifle for a beater, and at the $260 I paid for it I've got more money in the scope than the rifle. If it'll shoot okay then it's a lot of rifle for the money. I really don't see why folks dump on them so much, the quality seems pretty good to me for the money. It's a nicer rifle than the wal-mart M700 ADL's and push feed M70's that they sell.