New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great American Gunstock Co.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
How are they? Other than their crappy ebony : )
I have a Winchester M-1907 Pump 22 I want to get some semi inletted wood for. Please share your experiences.

Posts: 813 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 02 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
I've got my CZ 416 Rigby there right now being restocked. I think his name is Henry, but he is very nice to talk to.

I'm having it restocked with a British Express style stock and was thinking of the ebony forearm tip. I'm not aware of any problem with their ebony, but that doesn't mean anything. What do you know about it? Please share!

Posts: 3512 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: 01 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm not aware of any problem with their ebony, but that doesn't mean anything. What do you know about it? Please share!

http://www.serveroptions.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=006972

A couple of posts below this one.

Posts: 813 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 02 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
Scot,

Thank you for the heads up. I didn't read that thread. It sounds like a phone call to Henry is in order.

Posts: 3512 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: 01 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I recently got a "second" from GAGC. I paid $100 for it and feel I got more than my moneys worth. There are lots of black streaks and the butt has lots of figure. There are four 1/4" checks on some knots but they will fill easily. I am happy.

Posts: 25 | Location: michigan/texas | Registered: 02 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought a stock from Henry from his bargain list. He couldn't find it when he looked through his inventory and offered to make me one as close to it as possible at no additional charge. Since it was pretty unique (lots of mineral streaking) I agreed. What he sent me was above the call of duty. He sent me a beautifuly streaked stock with LOTS of figure and fiddleback. I can't say enough good about Henry.

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote