Find
Notify
Tools

416 Work in Progress Photo
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted
Here's a photo of my 416 Rigby in the white. It's already 6 months behind schedule, so I'm getting worried if it will be finished in time for my TZ trip. I got to see it at the Guild show in Reno. Joe Smithson is doing both the metal work and stock work.
 -

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Forrest,
what an AWESOME rig... I hope you the best with it, and you're recoil feels like a 338
jeffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Forrest,

Nice looking, I'll bet you can't wait for it to get finished.

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Forrest,

It's beautiful. Can we have some details?

Best,
Joe

Posts: 144 | Location: Riverview, MI | Registered: 20 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Forrest,

Absolutely beautiful rifle. Yes, some details, please! And please post pictures of it when it is completed as well as when you take some great game with it.

Good hunting!

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
awsome that rig looks great !!

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I'm glad you enjoyed seeing it. I did (finally). It's being built around an Oberndorf single-square bridge magnum action. Krieger barrel with integral quarter rib. Blackburn bottom metal and trigger. PME 3-position safety.

The nicest work is the custom claw mount with the rear mount inletted into the square bridge. When the scope is off, there is a cap that snaps into the top of the bridge and looks quite nice. The release mechanism is built into the rear ring instead of the base.

The stock is a nice piece of turkish walnut that is quite fancy in the butt and pretty straight up front. It's got some fiddle that's not noticeable in the photo.

I'll post a better picture when it's finished.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Forrest

What a beauty - please don't forget to post some pictures when she's all finished. Was it a big effort to track down that action? Any engraving planned? Banded sling swivel base and foresite?
Congratulations.

GG

Posts: 500 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote