Find
Notify
Tools

.32S&WL in 7x57 (Sucess Story)
 Login/Join

<RAO>
posted
Well Friends;
Done at last,and very satisfied with it.I asked the question on this very fourm that is it possible to make adapter for .32S&WL in 7x57 rifle, and with the friends on the board it was done in real satisfactory manner.
Now my 7x57 is real accurate,quite and low recoiling .32 shooter.And here are some points I considered:
1) .32 bullet is squeezed in steel 7x57 adapter so it enters the 7mm barrel as 7mm squeezed.
2) squeezing process is done in long taper to avoid bullet base deformation.
3) only lead bullet .32S&WL cartridges are used
Accuracy; around 4" at 50 yards. [Smile]

<338Lapua>
posted
This is not meant to be a sarcastic question, but why did you want to do this?

Jim

one of us
posted Hide Post
It would make a nice rabbit load, you could use you're biggame.

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Not knowing the gun laws in Pakistan, one might speculate that ownership might be limited. If that's the case then a sub caliber adapter makes pefect sense. Also, it makes practise with one's big game rifle that much easier. Think about how much most people plink and how little time most people put in with their BG rifle.

Anyway, I'm glad that you had success with your expiriment.

-M

Posts: 4864 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
THERE ARE GUN LAWS IN PAKISTAN!! But there are a whole lot of people there who don't seem to be incovenienced by any of them!! [Wink]

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
One could say the same about the US. Which really only proves again that criminals don't obey the law. And, that these silly gun laws infringe upon the law abiding citizen's rights.

-M

Posts: 4864 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have had very good results shooting 32 acp in my 30 cal rifle with an Alex adapter.
The trick is getting the expansion ratio up to get thevelocity up and the noise down and getting the bullet close to the lands to get the accuracy up. Alex does it all:
http://alexcartridge.com/

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
<RAO>
posted
Zlr,
Thanks for understanding,and that is exactly the case that our gun laws are strict and one requires seperate firearm licence for every new weapon.
It all started with the idea of low recoiling, sub sonic load for the big game rifle.But since reloading is also very strict in Pakistan and only a few have reloading licence the next logical step was to aquire an adapter for existing firearm,which keeps all the features required minus the troubles.
Now I can do plinking and small game hunting with my big game rifle with no recoil and lesser sound than .22lr,which gives me lot of practice for big game hunting,and the cost of practice is far less than with regular 7x57 loads. [Smile]