New
Find
Notify
Tools

10-22 accuracy problems
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Last summer I tried to shoot a squirrel with one of my 10-22s. The wife just laughed at me as I missed and missed.

I took it and shot paper with it and it was shooting 12 or so inches to the right and 5 inches high at 25 yards

I adjusted the scope and couldn't bring it to zero. I figured the scope was bad. months later I brought a different scope and put it on still shooting to high right and no adjustment left.

I pulled it from the stock and found the v block that holds the barrel was loose. I tighten it and shot it again still way right and high.

I loosened the v block and turned the barrel as far to the right as I could and tighten the block back down.

Shot it now it was only 4 inches to the right and a couple of inches high I had enough scope adjustment to get her sighted in at 25 yards.

So the moral of the story is if your 10-22 starts shooting off another thing to check is the barrel V block.

Posts: 19581 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So if I understand this happened from one outing to the next?

Posts: 690 | Location: JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA | Registered: 17 January 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well it sits in the closet most of time just waiting for varmints to show up. could have been bumped.

Who knows most likely worked it way loose with the 10s of thousands of rounds put through it.

Posts: 19581 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow! Thanks for the heads up. Just got my first which is a SS takedown. Looking forward to shooting it.

Posts: 690 | Location: JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA | Registered: 17 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A7Dave
posted Hide Post
My 10/22 is pretty darn accurate with a Midway aftermarket sporter barrel, but I bought one of these:

https://littlecrowgunworks.com...1022/?v=7516fd43adaa

Haven't installed it yet as it will take some significant stock inletting (custom Mannlicher stock).

Dave

Posts: 927 | Location: AKexpat | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
Mine is stock..Laminate stock/bull barrel off the shelf. Barska scope mounted. shoots <MOA at 100 yds all day. Scope mounting is all I've ever done to it. Was I lucky?

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote