THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Bolt Release/Stops for Post 64 Model 70 Classics'

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bolt Release/Stops for Post 64 Model 70 Classics'
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Friends-

I have done a couple of searches, both Google, here and the Wisner web-site and cannot find "new" checkered bolts stop assemblies.

I am probably overlooking them but, any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

May the wind be in your face and the sun at your back.

P. Mark Stark

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try Brownell's. Also post on the custom built rifle thread.

Posts: 1135 | Location: corpus, TX | Registered: 02 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
Maybe Midwest Gun Works.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2944 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had the same query a couple of years ago and was advised by someone either here or 24Hour that they tweaked Wisner`s pre-64 to work with the post=64 action. IIRC they said it wasn`t much work either. I need to order one and give it a go I suppose.

Posts: 1577 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Or weld a piece onto the original and take it down from there and checker it, not that big a job.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote