THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pre Fit Pad for 870 Express Youth Model?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hard to know why Remington bothers with the hard as a truck tire "recoil pad" they put on the 870 Express Youth model. Remington's R3 aftermarket pad comes as an aftermarket prefit for the full length 870 stock, as do several by other makers, but not the Youth model so far as I can tell. Before I have a grind to fit pad installed I am wondering if anyone knows of a prefit pad intended specifically for the 870 Express Youth model? Thanks. Good hunting!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kick-EEZ and Pachmayer both make youth sized recoil pads made to fit the smaller stocks of both rifles and shotguns...Brownells carries them. The Kick-EEZ model is made of Sorbothane which is really cushy.

You’d think they would want kids to have a “pleasant“ first experience with their firearms, wouldn’t you?

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
Before you trim an adult size pad down remember that there is a steel plate in the pad. If you shorten the pad enough you will encounter the steel plate. Be sure to use a short pad which should have a shorter steel internal plate.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!