New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ed Brown Rifles
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Looking to get a custom rifle any comments on Ed Brown,s custom rifles would be appreicated!!! Thanks

<allen day>
posted
First of all, I don't consider Brown stocks to be as well-built as McMillan's, not even close. I actually had the forend of a Brown stock warp in the sun once during a very hot deer hunting trip here in Oregon, which is something I've NEVER seen a McMillan stock do, even when hunting in 106* F temperatures in Africa. I don't think Brown beds with machined aluminum or fiberglass pillars, either, which to me is a must.

AD

one of us
posted Hide Post
Doesn't Ed Brown use McMillan stocks?

Chuck

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
Chuck, your post demonstrates how stupid I really am. You're quite right, Ed Brown DOES use McMillan stocks.

For some dumb reason, I was thinking of Brown Presicions custom rifles!

My apologies!

AD

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Chuck, your post demonstrates how stupid I really am. You're quite right, Ed Brown DOES use McMillan stocks.

For some dumb reason, I was thinking of Brown Presicions custom rifles!

My apologies!

AD

Hey we all have brain farts from time to time.

Posts: 2339 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
DEERSLAYER55

I have a Ed Brown 702 custom project that just needs the stock. I used a Ed Brown 702 on a hunt in Texas last year. Both rifles been very accurate with quality ammo and functioned perfect.

I needed a rainy day rifle with synthetic stock in a caliber suitable for most hunting. I looked at H-S precision, Jarret, Nesika, Barnsner, Borden, Rifles inc, new ultralight arms and a few other customs makers.

Ed Brown is a nice person to talk to, gives straight forward answers and stands behind his product. Ed Brown offers a in house made action, good quality components for a tad under 3000$, it's not bad

Cheers

/ JOHAN

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I have one of the early non-fluted bolt Savannas in .30-06 with a Swarovski 1.5-6x42mm scope in Talleys, all set up at the factory.

It's a perfectly balanced and very accurate rifle.

Posts: 13675 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Allen, stupid isn't the word I would have used, and as I jetted to the office this morning It dawned on me where you were comming from.

Chuck

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote