New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trigger work on a Rem. 870?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've got an 870 sp slug gun that is just terrible. Can anything be done with it? Thanks, Jeff

Posts: 561 | Location: Michigan, US | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't file stone or do anything stuip as that. Remington makes a replacement parts kit to lower the trigger pull just for this reason.

Contact a remington armorer or a gunsmith and they should beable to fix you up.

Posts: 19581 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Timney may be able to help you as well. I think they used to make target triggers for 1100's and 870's. I could be mistaken about this, but I think they did. Otherwise, somebody like Briley or Angleport could surely help get it "right".

Posts: 539 | Location: NE Alabama | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have had this outfit work on two of my 870 and I would reccommend them.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti...m.asp?Item=120326406

Posts: 147 | Location: SW Wash | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I checked this out before deer season here in OH and found this guy. kraigkline@tds.net

He was reasonable, and returned the trigger group to me in the time that he stated, which to me was rare among most gunsmiths. That's not a slam, rather a statement that my experience shows most people underestimate the length of time for a particular job. Not Kraig. I would recommend him highly.

Posts: 274 | Location: GREENVILLE SC | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With Quote