THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Why do the world's armies use push feeed and not CRF?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why do the world's armies use push feeed and not CRF?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Question can anybody name a commercially available control feed action that was made during the late 1960�s that was manufactured in the usa? Personaly, as I was not alive then don�t know of any. I would think that if their weren�t any CF actions for the army to build new guns on.

Also isn�t the current USMC rifle the M40-A4?

Ray

[Confused] [Confused]

[ 01-17-2003, 00:17: Message edited by: m1carbine ]

Posts: 147 | Location: Maryland, USofA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JAG
posted Hide Post
No problem Celt.

JAG

Posts: 510 | Location: Hood River, OR | Registered: 08 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
...when your Empire dissolves...
For an empire to dissolve it has to first exist. We don't have an empire. An empire occupies lands with the goal of keeping them. That's the last thing we want. After we conquer a land we generally turn it back over to the people who originally owned it, usually with a new sovereign democratic government in place. Very different from an empire...

The only empire we have is the 50 states, and they seem to be holding together rather well.

Posts: 358 | Registered: 15 September 2002Reply With Quote
<Celt>
posted
Here is some info on the Finnish sniper rifles from the perverbial hourses mouth.

"There are 2 different sniper rifles in Finnish army in duty right now. TAK-85 was put together by Military from Sako parts and as the name already says it was taken in use 1985 caliber is 7.62 X 53R. 8.6 Kiv 2000 is the official military name for TRG-42 made also by Sako and caliber is .338 Lapua Magnum. It has been in duty since 2000

.50 cal Barretts has been tested for use."

FWIW
Celt

one of us
posted Hide Post
Celt,

Thanks for the current info. Can you refer me to any website or book that might help me update my information?

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Celt>
posted
The onfo I got was from posting the question at Sniper's Paradise. A guy from Finnland answered it with the quote I copy and pasted here.

Celt

one of us
posted Hide Post
I doubt that snipering has much to do with killing a charging Buffalo, in which case I demand a double or a controled feed rifle..

I have seen a lot more failures with push feeds in the Dangerous game fields, than I have with control feed rifles, so I will not use a push feed for dangerous game.

We all make our dicisions to some extent based on passed experiences...My only failure to date is due to Warne Rings on a DGR...so perhaps it is in operation of the arm.

I did have a round fall out of the magazine while I was running and trying to load a round in the chamber of my Ruger 77, 30-06 and I closed the bolt and muffed the biggest elk I have ever seen in the Selway because the round fell out before I closed the bolt.

If anyone wants to use a push feed on buffalo that is their choice and they have to live with it...Many have and successfully.

I would not be concerned if my sniper rifle was a push feed as long as it was accurate, but given a choice I'd still take a CFR..Might get a shot at two generals, who knows. Because the Gov. chose anything is not a reason to consider it a good choice, they have screwed up many times.

Posts: 42156 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I LIKE YOUR RAT SNIPER PECOS. NEAT GRAPHIC.

THE 2ND AMENDMENT PROTECTS US ALL.......