New
Find
Notify
Tools

Front sight
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Ok, here's the deal. About 10 years ago, I bought a Ruger M77 MkII stainless w/ boat paddle stock in 300WM. Even with the purchase of other rifles, when I go hunting, this one is always in my hand. If its coyotes, its got 130's deer, 150-180's and elk 200's. I always keep looking and sometimes buying other rifles, but this one always goes. Well sitting here in Iraq, I have resigned myself to the fact, that this is my hunting rifle. The one issue with it is it does not have sights. I would like to get a NEGC peep for the rear, and put a barrel band sight on the front. Would one of the factory ruger barrel band front sights work on this? From what I have seen, it looks like only the 338WM came with this sight. Is the diameter of thee 300WM and the 338WM the same? I'd measure my 300 but its in the states, while I'm in Iraq

Posts: 61 | Location: FT Carson CO | Registered: 29 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Brent I just went to the shop & measured the only Ruger MKII 300WM barrel I have. It is a SS 24" long & measures .625 at the muzzle. I don't have a Ruger 338 barrel to compare. Maybe someone can help out here.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks, I think I can find the right one with that info!

Posts: 61 | Location: FT Carson CO | Registered: 29 December 2005Reply With Quote