New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grip frame fit on Single Six
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I purchased a VERY slightly used Ruger Single Six recently over the internet. It's in great shape, shoots great, and hasn't ever been disassembled as far as I can tell.

But the grip frame fits poorly where it attaches to the revolver frame on either side of the hammer. The grip frame sticks up a bit and doesn't blend into the lines of the revolver frame. And I don't mean you can just feel it - it's about 3/32" on either side.

Two questions - 1) Is this unusual? 2) If I were to fit it myself, is there any way to duplicate the factory finish? It looks like some kind of baked-on enamel, but I really don't know. I DO know the grip frame is aluminum, which prevents normal rebluing, of course.

Any input will be appreciated. Thanks.

Jon Larsson - Hunter - Shooter - Reloader - Mostly in that order...Wink

Posts: 682 | Location: Western Montana | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AZ Pete
posted Hide Post
Grip frame fit with Ruger single actions is variable. Your's may be a little worse than normal. Yes you can refinish the grip frame. Brownell's sells gloss black baking laquer that will do the job.

NRA Patron Life Member

Posts: 310 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Exactly what I needed to know. Thanks, AZ Pete.

Jon Larsson - Hunter - Shooter - Reloader - Mostly in that order...Wink

Posts: 682 | Location: Western Montana | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote