New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scope rings for Kimber of oregon rifles
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone currently make any detachable scope rings for a Kimber of Oregon rifle? Square bridge action with milled in dovetails.
375 H&H

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I belive the rings that Jim Wisner used to make will fit, I need to check with him (can't today as shop is closed). He no longer makes them but I have some that I could sell.

"There is a bloody brave little animal called the honey badger in Africa. It may be the meanest animal in the world. It kills for malice and for sport, and it does not go for the jugular-it goes straight for the groin. It has a hell of a lot in common with the modern American woman."
Robert Ruark-The Honey Badger
SGB7x57@Gmail.com
360-918-8283
NRA Life Member
SCI Life Member
WANT TO RETURN TO AFRICA CLUB Life Member

Posts: 187 | Location: Olympia, Wa | Registered: 31 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
You can occasionally find a set of origianl kimber rings on Ebay but they usually sell for 125-150 or more. Sometimes you can find a set of Warne Premier rings but they sell for only slightly less.

The Warne Premier rings were made in 2 version - one had a smooth underside and would fit the Kimber receivers. The other type had a small lug on the underside to lock into a slot cut on the bases. The lug can be filed off in about a minute and will then fit the receiver dovetails.

I have a couple sets of the Warne Premier rings if interested.

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
eezridr

Yes I still have some of the Kimber Brownell scope rings that I used to make.

See inbound PM.

Jim Wisner

Posts: 1473 | Location: Chehalis, Washington | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote