New
Find
Notify
Tools

Montana LH long action
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Where can I find the latest update on how many of the LH long actions have been sold? I am Number 85; I'm not shown in any list I can find. I phoned my order in on April 24. The pictures of the RH actions on the company website look very nice. Anybody have any ideas as to which outfit makes a good barrel? I am looking at Krieger almost exclusively in the past week or two. What's anybody's opinion of the Wildcat thumbhole stock versus the straight-line thumbhole variety? Hillary in '04 (that's 3004).

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Email Dan at mtrifle@montanarifleman.com and he'll probably post an update right here on the boards.

Posts: 12690 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are your initials C.S.? Hope this helps.

http://www.serveroptions.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=006666

Montana is barrelling one of mine for me. I've never heard a bad thing about their quality, and they're cheaper than any other hand-lapped barrel I've seen.

H. C.

Posts: 3691 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 23 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
rootbeer and all,
I will be making a new post on the numbers to date on all the actions today, look for them.

one of us
posted Hide Post
How is the M1999 action finished? High polish, bead-blasted to a mate softness or kind of an "old shine" like a golf club used a few seasions? I just got my muzzle brake in the UPS today and it has a shiny, smooth, machined finish but is not polished. How can I insure my barrel, action and brake all have the same finish? Can MRC bead-blast all three, assuming I have them cut a custom barrel for me?

[ 07-05-2003, 22:24: Message edited by: rootbeer ]

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote