Find
Notify
Tools

stuck bolt
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Richard Wayne
posted
Hy, my buddy bought a new Remington 700 Buckmaster in .300 Win. mag. He purchased a box of Win. super X 180 gr. bullet's to break in barrel and get it close so we could shoot the reload's i made up for him. I noticed after 2nd. shot the bolt seemed a bit sticky,3rd. shot and 4th. seemed even stickier, 5 th. shot can't get bolt back. I was wondering if Rem. has trouble with ejector's or something else, just curious if anyone has had same problem w/Remington. Thank's, Rick. p.s Brass still in chamber, going back to dealer to-nite.

Posts: 224 | Location: ontario,canada | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is the caliber .300 Winchester Magnum, or .300 Winchester SHORT Magnum?

Quite a few lots of .300 WSM are loaded to pressures that cause troubles in some guns.

Whichever, since it is a new gun, and shooting factory loads, I would return it to the retailer to have it returned to the factory.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Richard Wayne
posted Hide Post
Hy, i took the gun back to dealer, he in turn took it to the back of shop and returned with the bolt open. He looked at the spent case's and said it all the sign's of excesive pressure's, almost case seperation. He also checked headspace in front of us, and it was good. The dealer took the box of win. ammo which was not purchased there,and gave us a box of Remington's. He said he will give the win. ammo to win. when they come into store.I will be trying the Rem. to-morrow, weather permitting. Rick.

Posts: 224 | Location: ontario,canada | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Richard, That sure speaks well for your Dealer. If it was me, I'd sure keep my Gun Tranding habits and needs right there.

Best of luck with the new Loads. Try putting a very light wipe of Lube on the Bearing surface of the Bolt Lugs too.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote