New
Find
Notify
Tools

THREE consec #'d M12's!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This may be a Ho Hum deal to some of you, but nothing I have ever seen. Saw THREE M12's today with consecutive numbers. All 12 bores in the one million,seven hundred thousand range. All three ribbed guns, one Full, one Mod the last one IC. The IC gun may be a shorter barrel. All three had the one step up from field grade wood. All three were like new, unfired,but surely looked to be forty years old.

Are consecutively numbered triples RARE?? I am not a big collector but have never seen a triple set of anything before. Especially Winchesters.

FN in MT

Posts: 950 | Location: Cascade, Montana USA | Registered: 11 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Frank, I have never seen anything like that. BTW, were they for sale? And ????? (shudder)

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Chic,

NO not for sale, saw them at the Kalispell show today. Wonder what they would be worth?? THREE of them! Just amazed me.
I can understand these 3 at the factory together, shipped together, at a Distributor together maybe. But then all 3 getting shipped to a store, and then the store keeping them together!! Kind of amazing.

I picked up my old .300 H&H today too. Had wood and metal restored to factory NEW. It came out so great that I can't stop looking at it. Just like a new circa 1953 M70!

FN

Posts: 950 | Location: Cascade, Montana USA | Registered: 11 June 2000Reply With Quote