New
Find
Notify
Tools

Northwood Gunstocks?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone used these folks for a semi-inlet? I'm considering them for a Mauser and curious about service and quality. Any info appreciated

Posts: 237 | Location: Montana | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got one from them in Claro walnut for a Mauser. It was nicely done, I had good service from them. It is currently on its way back from Bill Soverns from being checkered.

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1510 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
I've used their wood on a Ruger #1 in 9.3x74 and was very pleased!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7541 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
bwanamrm...that is spectacular wood grain. May I ask who did the fitting/checkering/finish? Thanks.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't seem to contact him with the info on the website. Anyone have more info?

Posts: 237 | Location: Montana | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
After you first asked the question a post was made (then removed) that they were out of business. I emailed them via the address on the site.
I just recieved this from Tim Rossbach.

""_Still in business_ But do to my health conductions and my families it has taken me away from the shop. Have been working only a few days a week if that. Sorry but my health and my families come first, I know there has been some bad things said about NWG but it's not true!
Tim"""

You might try emailing him. But from the sound of it if you are in a big hurry you might want to check with someone else.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote