Swift scopes
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone had any experiences with Swift Scopes, or any pros or cons, thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
junk

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
I have:
a 4X Swift Premier Pistol Scope on an Encore 357 Maximum and a 6-18 x 44 Premier Model on a bull barreled 308 Win. Both are very clear and have held up to many thousands of rounds(all together) with no problems. My shooting buddy has one and is completely satisfied with it. I would buy them over Trashco or Bushnell any time. I have not had any experience with the non Premier line of Swift scopes. Great buy for the money.

Steve E........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1839 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 3-9x40, and a 6-18x40. I would rank them in between the nikon prostaff and buckmaster lines.

Posts: 45 | Location: MN, USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
IMO, the Swift Premier line of scopes is marginally OK if they are the lower magnification but my son put a 6-18X(?) on his 22-250 and the higher powers are terrible for clarity. He wishes he would have saved some more money and bought a better scope. They fall way short compared to the Nikon Buchmasters I have. There are good values in optics and there are really good scopes but I don't think the Swifts are either.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1191 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote