THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Need help installing fixed magAzine on Savage 111

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help installing fixed magAzine on Savage 111
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Can anyone tell me how to replace a fixed magazine into a Savage 111? I recently was given a 111, that was missing the magazine. Bought a new magazine, and I cant get the darn thing in there.
Thanks for any help.

Posts: 156 | Registered: 02 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
btt

one of us
posted Hide Post
btt

one of us
posted Hide Post
If your talking about the mag box, use a hard rubber mallet or soft plastic hammer and give it a whack. With the barrel up, strike the top of the mag and it will flex inwards in the middle and thus shorten. It may take a little more force than your comfortable with but it is the approved method. Using a large dull chisel resting against the recoil lug and pointing at the mag box lip at the action while striking the chisel at angle will also work but it can scratch the box.

Posts: 101 | Location: Canada | Registered: 26 October 2002Reply With Quote