New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger 77 MK II
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I recently bought a Ruger in .223. It's a SS/Synthetic, which has been maligned pretty bad. When I first shot it, I admit I was not very impressed 1 1/2-3 1/2 groups. I pillar bedded it, stoned the burrs off the trigger and sear, made a new pin for the trigger, and changed the trigger spring. Now this rifle shoots sub 3/4" all day with Black Hills reman. ammo in 55 SP. I was going to freefloat the barrel, but I don't think that's necessary.

JD

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good job, sounds like you've really got her singing now. Smiler

Time to kill some varmints!

.22 LR Ruger M77/22
30-06 Ruger M77/MkII
.375 H&H Ruger RSM

Posts: 863 | Location: Mtns of the Desert Southwest, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JD,
I had similar performance with my Ruger .223. Ended up putting a Timney trigger in it which made it a whole different animal to shoot. The next step would have been to freefloat the barrel.
Loaded up some rounds where I measured each powder charge (knew I bought that trickler for a reason) and it shoot much better now.

Feral_Goz

Posts: 56 | Location: Australia NSW | Registered: 01 January 2003Reply With Quote