THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Ruger SRH- need a gunsmith to cut down the barrel

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger SRH- need a gunsmith to cut down the barrel
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of John Galt
posted
Handled a few Redhawks recently and just couldn't make myself love them no matter how hard I tried but sure do love the 5.5 inch barrel length. Pulled the trigger today on a Super Redhawk in .44 Mag with the intention of having the barrel cut down to 5 or 5.5 inches. Anyone have a gunsmith in MN, IA, ND, SD of WI they'd suggest I utilize to do the work? Also, not sure it's a real tough decision to make but if you all were doing this, would you go 5 or 5.5 inches?

Thanks,

John

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not in the states you listed, but you might check with John Farner (Toomany Tools) in NM.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim Kobe is in Minnesota. I'm not sure how much work he does on handguns, though. He does beautiful work on long guns.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of John Galt
posted Hide Post
I've had Jim do some work for me on long guns but he does not work on handguns. Bummer, as you're right: he does great work!

-John

One of Us
posted Hide Post
gotta hit jim in the right mood - he used to do whole s&w 41 barrels complete from scratch. don't forget it will have to be resighted too

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigster:
Not in the states you listed, but you might check with John Farner (Toomany Tools) in NM.

+ 1 for Toomany Tools!

Posts: 5709 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote