Find
Notify
Tools

Sakos: Trigger & Sight Questions
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Greetings Gentlemen,

I would like a Single Set Trigger for a left hand Sako. Could anyone recommend a good single set trigger made for the Sako?

Also would like a peep sight. Any alternatives to the Sako peep sight?

Thank you in advance, very much appreciate you taking the time and effort to answer.
Richard

Posts: 316 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
G'Day Richard,

Which model Sako?
As in the older type or the newer Model 75 or 85?

If I remember correctly, Canjar in the US (Co), used to make them for all kinds of rifles.
I'm not sure if they are still in business?

Hope that helps.

Doh!
Homer

Lick the Lolly Pop of Mediocrity Just Once and You Will Suck For Life!

Posts: 459 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 21 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
If it's an 85, Sako makes an optional set trigger for it for those who wear green wool and talk funny.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry Gents. One is a M591, the other is a IV. Both left handed. I'll check Canjar.
Any thoughts on a peep sight? I'm not keen to drill and tap the action but guess I could go that route. The factory peep does not seem pleasing to my eye.
Thanks for the help guys, Richard

(you be makin fun uve mie green wool eh?)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys, it would seem Canjar is out of business; if not they make themselves very difficult to find.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Canjar is out of business. Look up Rechnagel- New England Guns, NH and you can find triggers like the Canjar along with many others. I had a Sako Canjar set years ago, but let it slip away. I have only one single set Canjar in my mini Mauser 204 Ruger. I paid around $200 dollars and fitted it to the mini mauser.
'

Posts: 965 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Make sure you actually shoot a SST, or DST before you get one; they can cause more drama than necessary when hunting. You think you want a two ounce trigger until you get into the field with one.
I have.

Posts: 17278 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Les, will check them out.

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
I have a peep sight that fits on to the tapered dovetail and seemed to work fine when I tested it as an emergency standby.

I can't think of the name and it is marked only with an A in a circle. It's a very simple but sturdy one with the large aperture sliding laterally in a dovetail, positioned by screws from each side. Elevation is by turning the threaded 'ghost ring' shank up or down, in 180-degree increments.

I dislike the Sako peeps because the holes are too small and the surrounds too big - OK for target shooting perhaps.

Beware of any model that uses a cross arm unsupported on the outer side; a decent fall will press the arm down, wrecking zero and aesthetics. A stop screw on the outer end could save that from happening, of course.

Posts: 5095 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Well, Thirdbite, I saw the pamphlet recently but filed it so securely it will probably never be seen again.

However, I remembered the name was just a couple of letters, so I googled the two I could guess at, A and O and came up with this:

https://www.xssights.com/Products.aspx?CAT=8534

So, the brand may in fact be XS but searching AO got me there. I had no front sight when I bought it but gave the rear one to the gunsmith and he chose the correct one to go with it.

In case you're interested, I used a square post up front and filed it off at 45 degrees to make a simple soughdough. Too lazy to bronze it, I'll just rub the rust off with a girl's nail emery board if it's stopped shining when I need it.

Cheers

Posts: 5095 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote