Notify
Tools

Mandrel Blueprints
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Siam_Krag
posted
Hi,

I am starting a machine class and would like to make some mandrels for the lathe for the following actions Mauser 98 L.R. & S.R., Winchester m70. I was wondering if any one would happen to have a blueprint/s for these parts? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Posts: 169 | Location: Santa Cruz, California | Registered: 11 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
I'm sure the Colorado School of Trades has some dimensions but, just measure the bolt bores in several '98's and Model 70's. Then turn the mandrels so that they're a slip fit into the bore. You have to drill and tap a hole 90 deg. to the axis of the mandrel so that you can clamp a piece of flat stock to the bottom of the magazine opening to keep the the action from slipping while machining it. Make them about 16" long with centered holes in each end and the outsides turned true with the center drilled holes in the ends. I'm sure you can vizualize what I'm saying if I don't make it precisely clear.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote