Find
Notify
Tools

OT Firearms insurance??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted
Isn't there someplace you purchase firearm insurance??? MY home owners doesn't cover $hit.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
NRA and SCI offer firearms insurance.

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I know SCI is $1.25/$100 value. Anyone know what the NRA rate is? I think my NRA # is packed away.

Any experience and/or recomendation on which of the 2?

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cor-Vens & Company in Clinton, Iowa offers a reasonably priced firearm/collectible policy.

Posts: 203 | Location: in & of Dixie | Registered: 17 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tapper2
posted Hide Post
Cor-Vens & Co. in Clinton, Iowa is the best deal going. This is especially true if you have many guns. The guns are covered no matter where you are, not just in the safe.....Tom

SCI lifer
NRA Patron
DRSS
DSC

Posts: 654 | Location: Denver, Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tapper2:
Cor-Vens & Co. in Clinton, Iowa is the best deal going. This is especially true if you have many guns. The guns are covered no matter where you are, not just in the safe.....Tom

Agreed. I recently switched from SIA to Core-Vens.

Good people and easy to deal with.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13639 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
State Farm all perils policy.

Posts: 336 | Location: Central PA | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by akriet:
Cor-Vens & Company in Clinton, Iowa offers a reasonably priced firearm/collectible policy.

+1 on Cor-Vens its the best policy I could find and my NRA insurance picks up the deductable. They pay actual replacement value not Blue Book. I believe Travelers is the underwriter.

Posts: 603 | Location: Louisiana USA | Registered: 24 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My Travelers home owners policy covers mine for full replacement cost, but you either need a receipt or appraisal for the custom guns. They didn't blink at the price of the guns.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used to have a firearms insurance policy, but decided to buy a good safe instead.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am resurrecting this thread. I could not get firearms insurance through Core-Vens as the insurance company does not write firearms insurance in Florida!. I did get insurance through John Richardson:

Eastern Insurance Group LLC , 933 Webster St., Marshfield, MA 02050
(781) 596-8915 (800)545-9326 Ext. 59398 Fax (508) 647-3266 www.historicfirearms.com
Very good experience dealing with Jack.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used these people for 10+ years but have never had a claim.

http://www.collectinsure.com/

Posts: 1125 | Location: near atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: 26 September 2001Reply With Quote