Notify
Tools

Mauser 98 trigger
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Fellas, check this out.

www.alaskaarmsllc.com

For those who want something abit different on a M98 than a Timney or a Blackburn which I have them both on my guns this is quite exciting.

Just finished installing one on my 1935 Chilean 7x57 for grins and grins it is!

Morris is great to work with. Fast shipping, ordered it last Friday and got it early today thanks to the Post Mistress forgetting about today being I guess Martin L. King day, she closed up for the afternoon.

Posts: 1019 | Location: foothills of the Brooks Range | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mad_jack02
posted Hide Post
Nice looking trigger, others have mentioned it before on here, but is out of my price range.

Oh by the way I thought MLK Day was January 17th this year?

Extreme Custom Gunsmithing LLC, ecg@wheatstate.com

Posts: 487 | Location: Wichita, ks. | Registered: 28 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Some of my BEST Mauser actions I paid less than they want for that trigger. No thanks. WAY over priced for 2 pieces of steel that are probable investment cast.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
While these are expensive, they are machined, not cast. Morris is a heck of a nice guy, and a very talented one, who actually delivers on what he promises, and in a reasonable time frame.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3831 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well DH,,,,,I am strongly considering in buying another one for my M98 .458WM. loundnboomer has it right . I think America built products can be good and this one appears to be rather nice, asides it is built in Alaska! When I bear hunt I like the idea of a simple and rugged yet reliable trigger as "part" of the make up of my tools. You pay for what you want. Gonna shelf my Timney.

Posts: 1019 | Location: foothills of the Brooks Range | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Is looks to be a very rugged & solidly build trigger. Just too expensive for my tightwad Scottish ass. Big Grin

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Yankee Station

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have not talked to morris, though I got an email out of the blue about 3-4 months ago when they came out with these triggers, however I would guess that they wire edm the trigger then machine the engagement surfaces.

I would be interested to hear where they source their American steel from in Alaska. American steel is expensive and sometimes difficult to get in Ohio. I would hate to think what it would be like in Alaska. I never thought of it as an advertising point though...

As to the price... I could not make one for $220. I might make 100 @ $220ea. Alot depends on how he makes it. Wire time is expensive, sometimes un-obtainable. Machine time often takes longer.

A lot has to do with how many he makes. At $220, I will probably put one on a rifle so that I have some experience if a customer asks me about them. At $150 ea I would put a few on rifles. At $100 I bet he could not make them fast enough.

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1496 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you're looking for a GOOD Mauser trigger, here's a very reasonable alternative.

I installed one in my Mauser build and they're simple to install, a breeze to adjust and a joy to shoot.

He manufactures different styles and the best part? His MOST expensive model is only $96.31!!!

I'm telling you, if you're looking for a good crisp trigger with a nice adjustable let-off, and you have a Mauser action, this is a great trigger...

Check out http://www.huberconcepts.com/M...gger_Replacement.htm

Posts: 816 | Location: Whitlock, TN | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mad_jack02
posted Hide Post
The Huber Concepts is interesting, but I think I'll stay with my Timmney, for now.

Extreme Custom Gunsmithing LLC, ecg@wheatstate.com

Posts: 487 | Location: Wichita, ks. | Registered: 28 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
. Just too expensive for my tightwad Scottish ass.

My grandfather told me he'd always wanted to marry a scottish/indian woman, then she'd be "wild and tight" !

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:
quote:
. Just too expensive for my tightwad Scottish ass.

My grandfather told me he'd always wanted to marry a scottish/indian woman, then she'd be "wild and tight" !

Not too wide but tight yes! Big Grin

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Yankee Station

one of us
posted Hide Post
I did something very much like the Huber trigger way back in the early 70s to a [believe it or not] Mex Mauser in 7X57 with a CHERRY barrel. Stuck it in a nice light Koa stock and it shot like Hogans Goat! The trigger stayed at 3 lbs all the time and was crisp and nice. Never made another because of the difficulty etc and time. Still works for the guy who got the rfile in Hawaii though.
Aloha, Mark

When the fear of death is no longer a concern----the Rules of War change!!

Posts: 978 | Location: S Oregon | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
These Alaska Arms triggers are well built of quality materials and made right here in Alaska.

I like them a lot

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4202 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the fact that the Huber minimizes the need for wood removal. I am thinking of trying one on my old FN/Husky 9.3x62 that still runs the original 2 stage trigger.

Posts: 1577 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boxhead:
I like the fact that the Huber minimizes the need for wood removal. I am thinking of trying one on my old FN/Husky 9.3x62 that still runs the original 2 stage trigger.

Yep, that was one of the things that decided it for me as well. I think it was less than 10 seconds with a Dremel tool and the action was back in the stock!

And, he does triggers for other kinds of rifles than just Mausers; he does triggers for Enfields, Remington 700's and others.

Posts: 816 | Location: Whitlock, TN | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With Quote