THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quality of wood on Rugers 10/22 full stock?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anybody here seen any of the Ruger 10/22's with the full stock? Their model rbi I believe. I have the local dealer finding out tomorrow if he can get it for me for a good price. I am thinking I can get it for under 200, he can get me the standard one for 151 plus his 10% and the reg. fee. I want to give a 10/22 to my best man for being in the wedding in April. I figure that is a good best man's gift. When looking I saw the mannlicher and thought it looked really good.

Feedback?

Thanks guys.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most of the wood on the latest Rugers I have seen lately has been "average" unlike in times past. If your dealer can find a distributor who has more than a couple of the rbi's in stock, maybe you can get a "hand pick". But are you really sure you want to give your best buddy a RUGER?

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Shoot, I figure as long as I am not giving somebody a Remington I can't go wrong. ;-) I like Ruger's, and I don't think anybody can dispute the 10/22 being a time proven great rifle. I can't beleive that at 16 I sold mine so I could take a girl to a formal. How stupid was that.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Shoot, I figure as long as I am not giving somebody a Remington I can't go wrong. ;-) I like Ruger's, and I don't think anybody can dispute the 10/22 being a time proven great rifle. I can't beleive that at 16 I sold mine so I could take a girl to a formal. How stupid was that.

Red

We need to take a vote, you may not be allowed to post here anymore! LOL!!!

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of alvinmack
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I can't beleive that at 16 I sold mine so I could take a girl to a formal. How stupid was that. Red

Dago Red,

No offense here buddy, but I hope you got your balls re-attached after that!

-Mike

Posts: 448 | Location: Lino Lakes, MN | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 8MM OR MORE
posted Hide Post
Just a thought, but a good hunting friend you may have for life! Wives, well, they come and go! Maybe a nice 7x57 M70 for the friend, and the 10/22 for the wife, eh? By the way, I am kidding, wives make really good hunting partners too! Hopefully, good friend also!

Posts: 1944 | Location: Moses Lake, WA | Registered: 06 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are usually several full stock 10/22s on the auction sites. The full stock laminate with stainless barrel/silver action looks good too.

For a different 10/22, Wally World gets a special built, non catalog version with a 22" sporter barrel, and it is priced very reasonably.

Regards.

Posts: 57 | Location: North Georgia Mtns | Registered: 31 December 2003Reply With Quote