Find
Notify
Tools

I need a new stock for a 1891 Argie
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hello folks,
I picked up a 1891 7.65 Arg Mauser a while back and the more I look at it the uglier it looks.
Someone mentioned using a '95 Mauser stock and I had a spare in the closet,went to try it and it is all wrong,mag box width is just the beginning of the problems. The rifle has already been "sporterized" so an aftermarket style is in order. Any leads or offers would be appreciated. 45nut

Posts: 538 | Location: elsewhere | Registered: 07 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
45nut,
Look at Richards Microfit gunstocks, They have stocks from $45.00 and up and a lot of old Mauser stuff. They are 96 to 98% inletted, and you put the final touches on.
Stepchild 2

Posts: 1326 | Location: glennie, mi. USA | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great American Gustocks should also be able to supply one.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gents,
Thanks for the heads up, I took a look on the Richards Microfit Stocks and liked what I saw.
Emailed them a couple times and today ordered a #102 Classic in Walnut for my Argie.
I sure hope mine looks and fits. I will keep you all posted when it arrives. 45nut

Posts: 538 | Location: elsewhere | Registered: 07 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
45Nut,
I have the same model coming for a vz24 project.
They sure have some nice wood, and reasonably priced too.
My cousin is the Rangemaster at a popular Arizona range and several of the shooters have stocks from RMF and he tells me that he has yet to see a bad one.
Stepchild

Posts: 1326 | Location: glennie, mi. USA | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote