New
Find
Notify
Tools

Parkerizing?????
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone have any suggestions on where to send a gun to get the action and bbl parkerized? Like the PSS or LTR?

I like the look of the finish, but does it really help fight the elements?

Thanks

Posts: 52 | Location: North Central, MO | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bluetick
posted Hide Post
Cupped_N_Fallin

First off the PSS and LTR are not parkerized. They are gravel/bead blasted (or stippled) and then blued. Now that was my attempt at humor. Any way I don�t know of any gunsmith that will put that coarse of a bead blast on.

There is a guy close to me that does a good parkerized finish. If you want I can get his contact info. I really don�t know any thing about the guy other than he does work for one of the better sporting good stores here. So I will say I trust this store and don�t think they would talk so highly of him if it were not warranted.

Also check out this post for a fair description of rust blue. This will also give a matte finish much more durable than a matte blue (what comes on a m700 PSS/LTR) and as good or better than a parkerized finish. I would say definitely better than both in rust prevention alone.

Also understand that most of the time a parkerized finish is not black like the 700 LTR or PSS. They will usually come out dark gray and with time turn a kind of green.

Shawn

Posts: 773 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.shootiniron.com/index.htm

Mac's is just what you need!

Mike

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
I've used these guy's before. The work is top notch, turn around is fast and the price includes return shipping. They offer a "special" black parkerizing.
HOT FLASH REFINISHING

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote