New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ actions from Czech Rep.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a friend doing some business in the Czech Republic over the next couple of weeks and was wondering if he could buy CZ actions over there cheaper? Can they come through customs? Are they worthy of a "custom" project? I'm going to have him look for Meopta scopes as well. Is there any real savings in forgoing the import process?

Perry

Posts: 2247 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
perry - he can buy actions or guns there, but can not clear them through customs. They will have to be imported by an ATF licensed importer or FFL holder. They are subject to a 3.8% duty upon importation plus shipping and misc. fees.

The optics can be purchased and brought back, but they too are subject to a duty - 10% in the case of "optics."

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Perry, if you come accross some good prices for Meopta scopes please let me know. I would love to know where and who sells them and at what price. I am particularly interested in a 1 to 4 power scope.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skinner.
posted Hide Post
Is there a source for CZ actions other than Brownells or buying a complete rifle and stripping it ?

They're missing out on a significant market if not. I'd love to find a couple CZ 527 actions to build a couple more varmint killers on.