THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Bridgeport series II Special CNC Milling Machine at Texas Auction.....

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bridgeport series II Special CNC Milling Machine at Texas Auction.....
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have no idea if this would hold any interest for anyone in here but am posting for general information.

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=9405180

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Hey the opening bid is only $25. rotflmo

If I had something like that then I'd have to learn how to use it.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ramrod340:
Hey the opening bid is only $25. rotflmo

If I had something like that then I'd have to learn how to use it.
+1

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If I could get cheap and to northern Wis my son could use it.

Posts: 19597 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of pointblank
posted Hide Post
There are actually several mills available, both CNC and manual. I searched through lots of different auctions from that link, and there is everything from diesel generators to full pallets of spent .223 brass. Different parts of the country of course. My experience with these types of auctions is that some VERY good buys can be had, unlike typical auctions sites...

Posts: 2073 | Registered: 28 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sold for $1640 plus 16%. Seems kind of cheap if it works, but this type of equipment is out of my area of knowledge.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
That price is pretty close to correct, The control is not CNC it's a Proto trak which is a very Half Arsed CNC, It is far better then a manual machine but it's not say a Bridgeport with an R2E3 control even though it is old the machine was heavier and built as a cnc not a converted manual machine as this thing is.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I recall Gunmaker stating in a few of his posts that he uses a Prototrak to make some specialized parts for some of his custom rifles.

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote