Find
Notify
Tools

SharpShooter Supply trigger
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
I ordered a SharpShooters Supply trigger ( http://www.varminthunters.com/sshooter/ ) for my old Savage 110 last month and just got around to trying to fit it.
The first thing I noticed was that the directions for disassembly of the old trigger did not fit my rifle, but a call to Fred cleared that up. Savage had changed the design of their triggers half a dozen times over the years but Fred knew exactly which one I had, once I described it to him.
The actual installation went really smooth the trigger has small tabs on the assembly that you file to your pin locations perfectly. I also had to open up the slot in the top of my trigger guard alot as the new trigger housing is wider than the stock trigger and extends further forward. I had some issues with the width of the trigger assembly in the stock because I have an MPI fiberglass stock that is tighter through that area than the OEM one. and I had to shim the bottom metal a bit because my action sits a little lower in this stock also.
On the trigger itself, once you study it and the pictures that Fred provides, it is simple to see how the mechanism works. The adjustment directions were precise and simple to do and the sear engagement surfaces are easily seen. I have mine adjusted up near the top end of the range (about 24 Oz) until I get used to it. The range of adjustment is supposed to be from 12 oz-32 oz. and at the lower end I was bouncing the rifle pretty hard on the butt pad without it slipping. If the rain holds off Saturday, I'll be shooting ground squirrels and I'll tell you how it works out.

BTW. The trigger lists for $89.95 and I'm not associated with SharpShooter Supply in anyway, just a satisfied customer.

[ 05-02-2003, 23:42: Message edited by: Fjold ]

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Fjold,
I just bought two SSS triggers, myself. My experience with SS Supply parallels yours. Fred's very helpful and knows everything about Savages. My rifle was a pre-1966 model with a different trigger mechanism. Also the relief on the action for the bolt release had to be moved forward about a quarter of an inch. A lot of work with Dremel, files, and paper! (I don't have a mill). Trigger on my son's rifle is an amazing improvement. Happy shooting, be safe.

Posts: 179 | Location: No. Idaho | Registered: 23 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Oilburner>
posted
Can either of you post pictures of the trigger assembly?

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Not sure what you're looking for, but if you click on the link in my first post, above, it shows the new trigger near the bottom of the page.

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oilburner: wish I could help. All I can do is post!

Posts: 179 | Location: No. Idaho | Registered: 23 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I also have put a sharp shooter supply trigger in my savage model 12fv 22-250. I am nothing but satisfied and impressed with the quality. I just sent my money order off last friday for a 27" stainless varmint weight 260 remington barrel, a one piece 20MOA Farrel scope base, and competition recoil lug from Fred at SharpShooter Supply. I CANT WAIT TILL I GET MY NEW TOYS!!!

The 260 barrel is being custom throated for the 140 grain hornady A-Max bullet, (At no extra charge) Its going to have a bead blast matte finish and 27" factory varmint contour.

Any way, so far i am impressed with Sharpshooter supply and will have to wait till the new stuff comes to see if its any good.

Posts: 165 | Location: BAKER CITY OREGON!!!!!! | Registered: 20 February 2003Reply With Quote