New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stock for G.33/40
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I recently purchased a G.33/40 that seems to be pretty much the way it was when it was made. Even has the covered front sight hood and the cupped bolt handle still on it. Markings are 945 and date is 1940. But somebody cut the stock down to make it a sporter of sorts. Was wondering if anybody knew where a guy could buy an orignal military stock for it.

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I've seen them on eBay before, also the auction sites. If your barreled action is still all original, I concur with your decision to restore the rifle to its original configuration as they have become fairly valuable; other actions will suffice for a custom rifle.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I see there is one on Auction Arms right now that hasn't met a reserve of $1700.00.
http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=6604194

I have a feeling the one onAA is not totally original though. If you look at the numbering on the bolt its in the wrong spot and the numbers are too perfect, like they have been added at a later date or something.