Notify
Tools

Found some 03-A3 recievers.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Gibbs
They also have barrels.

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
But it says restored.
I ask restored from what?

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
drill rifles, I bet. I have one, it can be done.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The CMP released a bunch of 03 drill rifles several years ago with plugged barrels/cutoffs welded that had the barrels tackwelded in. Wonder if these are some of them?? I know they later issued a statement against rebarreling them

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There was an article on the use of one in Shotgun News.
I don't think anyone would be too happy to get one with arc welding remnants on the cut off and receiver ring.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of the big surplus outlets, AIM, SOG etc is selling restored drill rifles right now. They claim they have been heat treated/certified etc. I knew it was going to happen when the CMP sold those drill rifles. I can't remember which outlet it is, but at least they are advertising them as restored drill rifles; how many other restored drill rifles have been dumped on the market to the unsuspecting? I know I would be very cautious buying any Springfield these days. Too many crooks looking to make a quick buck.

Gibbs used to sell guns made up around surplus 03/03-A3 bolts, with cast receivers, which took mauser barrel threads. I didn't know they were still around since Val Forgett passed. They sold inexpensive guns but no junk.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1621 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Earl
posted Hide Post
Gee.......an a-3 action for the price of a complete 1903 at the gunshows.

Posts: 364 | Location: Sticks, Indiana | Registered: 03 July 2007Reply With Quote