New
Find
Notify
Tools

Went to a Gunshow today.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I went to the gunshow in Baton Rouge today, I was looking for some actions, maybe a VZ-24, and something else. There was nothing, I mean nothing, there was maybe 1 0r 2 Mausers that were built, a guy had a plain jane M98, Mark 2 safety, in a very plain walnut stock, he wanted $1250!!

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Haven't found a good deal at a gun show in years. I go to look at books and parts. other that good luck

Posts: 19581 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Yep the Baton Rouge show isn't what it used to be. I go to Houston now always find some Mauser stuff.

------------------
NRA Life member

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's a long drive from Lafayette

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
It's worth the drive. Once you go to the first one YOU WILL GO BACK! You can't see the entire show in one day & look at all the tables toughly. Last year I went & bought 4 M98/1912 Steyr receivers in 85%++ condition for $18.00 each. It seemed as though everone had them! WARNING! You will probably spend all the money you take.

------------------
NRA Life member

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
<fishnfool>
posted
GSF,

I drive from north LA. to make the Houston show. It's well worth the drive.

<Cain R>
posted
Hey guys, I'm going to be in Houston in mid-April for 7 weeks training. Any links or address' for more info on the Houston show? Thanks.

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Here is the web site for their shows. You might just make the June 1st/2nd show.
http://www.hgca.org/

------------------
NRA Life member

[This message has been edited by Bear Claw (edited 01-01-2002).]

one of us
posted Hide Post
This weekend is the big Dallas Gun Show at Market Hall, it is nearly as big as the Houston Show and worth a trip IMO. The big Tulsa Show is the best in the Southwest. I hate to admit this, but bigger and better than the Houston Show. Only real problem with the Houston Show is that there is no live ammo for sale, no primers, and no powder for reloading.

[This message has been edited by Gatogordo (edited 01-01-2002).]

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote