New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger #1 stock
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone know if you can buy OEM Ruger No 1 walnut stocks anywhere? Looking into replacing a laminated stock on a 375 H&H stainless model. Not interested in aftermarket replacements, as I don't want to mess with it, just screw it on.

Posts: 341 | Location: MI | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Try ruger

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Unless Ruger has changed their ways, they will only sell you the stock if you send them the rifle to have it installed. And then, they will only install the stock that came on that rifle originally. I tried to get a 1S style stock for a 1B I had, and they would only sell the 1B stock as a replacement.
Unfortunately, you have to go to one of the auction sites to buy a factory stock, and they can be pricey! Hope this helps.

Posts: 1664 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Right then - the "any color you want as long as it's black" mentality from the company. I will have to start watchig the auction sites.

The stainless and black laminate is quite striking, but the thought of stainless with nice walnut sends shivers down my spine Wink

Thanks,
TG

Posts: 341 | Location: MI | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Unless Ruger has changed their ways, they will only sell you the stock if you send them the rifle to have it installed

Hmmm Learned something new.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
TMG,

congomike is correct, that is Ruger's policy.

Purchased a Ruger #1 barreled action at a good price thinking I'd do the exact same thing; didn't want to do anything but screw a new stock onto the action - Stupid Me.

killpc

'Cept Ruger doesn't perceive life as being so simple - said they wouldn't even sell me a stock since the action left the Factory without one and was intended to be "Custom Stocked".

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seems to me that Ruger's attitude is, take what we allow you to have and like it. pissers My favorite model of the #1 is the "S" medium sporter so which one do they discontinue? Right, the medium sporter. So can I get the forearm to convert the "B" models over? Hell no!
If I didn't like the #1s so much, I'd quit buying them. Oh well, I hit Ruger in the pocket book anyway as I buy all my #1s secondhand. jumping
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote