New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weaver 94 Side Mount
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Good Morning, trying to help my 81 year old uncle enjoy his pre -64 Model 94 again. He asked me to mount a Weaver side mount on it using existing holes. I bought the Model 3 D base from old stock as it is discontinued. The base fits fine, the issue is that the replacement screw that goes into the Finger Lever Pin Stop hole is way big. I am assuming it is for a post 64. Any ideas where I may find the proper Weaver screw? If anyone has a takeoff let me know. I am in a determined mood to get this thing up and running for my Uncle and get him in the woods this fall once again with his old rifle.
Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Williams side mount setup, pm me your email and I'll send a photo and instruction sheet. I think it may be a 10-36

Posts: 1682 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
IMO you would be better off with a light weight Browning in 243, 22-250 or ??, that off set scope is hard to manage for most folks of age..Im a healthy 86 and it bothers me to no end..Us-ens is a little shaky you know, need that cheek to steady the aim. Just my two bits..My 94s do best with a tang sight or receiver sight with the disc removed and a big hole to look through..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41985 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote