THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Re: Where to get stock inletting tools and what to buy

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Where to get stock inletting tools and what to buy
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Go to a Pawn shop and buy old good steel screw drivers at 50 cents apiece, heat the tips, bend them over, shape the blade, and harden them...I have a hundred in different shapes, and if I find a spot that needs attention then I just make another to fit the need....A barrel channel round scrapper is handy and the flat metal scrapers from Brownell by Jerry Fisher are very handy..I also like the Royal Arms tools for cutting round areas like action to barrel juncture.

I cannot imagine haveing a Dremmel Tool within 10 feet of a gunstock.....

Posts: 41980 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen:

I presume Brownell's is the place to purchase some basic stock inletting chisels. What tools in particular would a beginner need to try his hand at stock inletting. I have a dremel tool, but I'd like to be a little more precise and artistic!

Thanks,

Jordan

Posts: 3478 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I buy small chisels here and there, make some, whatever, but one thing I like a good but for the stuff I do is right HERE. Brent

Posts: 2255 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote