New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where can I find a "Boss CR"?
 Login/Join

<Oilburner>
posted
I am looking for a stainless 30 caliber model without ports.

one of us
Picture of CK
posted Hide Post
Call Winchester, they will give you a CR...........I've got a BOSS Model 70, they said they would give it free of charge just for asking.........The CR has yet to show up, but it's only been 10 days.

Posts: 653 | Location: Juneau, Alaska | Registered: 09 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Free of charge!!! I ordered one about 2 weeks ago, and they are going to charge me about $18. Why do I have to pay if others are getting theirs for free? [Confused]

Posts: 93 | Location: Waterloo, Iowa, USA | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CK
posted Hide Post
Tony,

I got my CR yesterday, 2nd day UPS........Free of charge from Winchester.......I was surprised also. [Big Grin]

Here's the update: I knew it sounded too good to be true [Roll Eyes] I checked my mail this afternoon, and there you have it, a bill from Winchester for $15.26 for the CR. The end result, I got what I asked for. I'm happy. [Smile]

[ 01-30-2003, 05:25: Message edited by: CK ]

Posts: 653 | Location: Juneau, Alaska | Registered: 09 February 2001Reply With Quote
<Oilburner>
posted
CK~

I ordered one last week. Did yours include the weight, the part that screws to the barrel and the lock ring?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Oilburner,

You will use your original BOSS locknut. The only part that you will change is the BOSS body. It took about 4 weeks to get mine, I was about ready to give them a call to see if they had forgotten to send it.

Posts: 93 | Location: Waterloo, Iowa, USA | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Will the Boss CR from Winchester fit the Browning A-Bolt rifle with the boss in the same caliber- 300 Win Mag?

Posts: 94 | Location: Otisville, MI USA | Registered: 07 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CK
posted Hide Post
Tony is right on the money, use the same parts.

Not sure I would mix & match Browning & Winchester parts. The information that was listed outside the CR box has all different part #'s for CR's, for each different round, all refered to Winchester only. Call Winchester or Browning, not worth screwing your rifle up, my opinion

[ 01-30-2003, 10:56: Message edited by: CK ]

<Oilburner>
posted
Unfortunately, I will be sending it back. The lady at Winchester said it was a "complete" assembly...I planned to screw it to my Savage 16FSS .308