New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ft Worth Area Gunsmith?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Can anyone recommend a 'smith in the FTW area? I have a good one in Hurst but he's really slow and I have projects pending. Thanks.

Posts: 915 | Location: Breckenridge, TX, USA | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
<Doc in Texas>
posted
Here is a smith I have used in the past he is located around the Airprot in grapevine.

Here is his web page www.sgyrifles.com/

Gave him a call and see if he can help.

Doc in Texas

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Doc, I'll be in the FTW area for two weeks in September and will check him out. Anyone else used this guy?

Posts: 915 | Location: Breckenridge, TX, USA | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
<Lightnin>
posted
Go to www.benchrest.com and ask if anybody has heard of Speedy Gonzalez. He's one of the best in benchrest circles. Bring money.

<Lightnin>
posted
Come to think of it you might try Shilen also. They have made a decent piece or two over the years.

one of us
posted Hide Post
There are a couple of excelent 'smiths in Weatherford. One for repair and one custom rifle/stock. send me a mail if you want more info jjoh258677@aol.com

Posts: 200 | Location: Tin Top .Texas | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
SGY Rifles is Speedy Gonzales. SGY stands for Speedy Gonzales & Yvette (his wife). He is well respected in benchrest circles, and actively posts on the benchrest.com forum.

Posts: 614 | Location: Miami, Florida USA | Registered: 02 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OK Guys, Thanks.

one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
Here are two rifles that Speedy just finished. One is my 30-06 Winchester Supergrade and the other is my son's 7-08 Winchester Compact Classic.

This is my 30-06.

-

-

This is my son's 7-08 Wincester Compact Classic Model 70

-

-

[ 08-24-2002, 22:55: Message edited by: Longbob ]

Posts: 3512 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: 01 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice rifles, LongBob. I'll go see him when I'm up in September. Thanks.