one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted
404 Jeff drop box

Standard & 404 Jeff drop box

404 Jeff drop box w/ Rigby floorplate

404 Jeff or 375 drop box floorplate

Barrel with integral fittings

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
From Allen's previous post:

"As far as price Andy said the 1910 Mexican bottom metal will be priced the same as
standard 30-06 length bottom metal.

$499 for the 30-06 length standard box.
$550 for the .375 drop box.
$610 for the .375 drop box with Rigby floor plate. The floor plate is not just an add on.
The barrel with the integral goodies is $975 FFL price and $1150 retail.

He said there's a pretty good savings over retail to FFL holders. Over $100.
I didn't ask the actual FFL price.

Andy said they also make octagon barrels, not with the integral components though.

As far as how they look my understanding is they will look just like the 30-60 size just shorter.

They are updating their web site. Here's a link to their Mauser Bottom Metal with some pictures:
www.sunny-hill.com/products/assemblies/98mauser.html

They also make a .375 drop bottom metal that holds 4 down and a.375 drop box but with a Rigby style floor plate that holds 5 down.
The Rigby floor plate version is not on their web site yet. I have pictures if any one would like to see them.

I spoke to Andy about the possibility of using his #440R (a.375 drop box with the Rigby floor plate) for the .404 Jeffery and he said there should no problem as there is enough metal on the sides to machine it open for the .404J.

In case anybody is interested, I spoke to Jim Dubell who will be doing our metal work (if I ever finish getting my parts gathered up).

To work on the feed rails and machine open the sides of the bottom metal and make it feed would based on bench time and would be between $150 to $350 of work.

Just so you know I don't have any thing to do with Sunny-Hill. They offer some things that are not easily obtained else where. It's not the cheapest stuff in the world but they have it sitting on a shelf ready to ship.In the gun smiting world, for me as a customer that sure is nice."

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fla3006,
thank you for posting the pics and posting my
earlier post.

Hopefully some will find it interesting or helpful.

I'll be using their drop box for my 404 Jeffery, made to the correct dimensions.

Allen

It's a Mauser thing, you wouldn't understand.

Posts: 656 | Location: North of Prescott AZ | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With Quote