New
Find
Notify
Tools

Restoring Pre-64 Stainless barrel
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Want to restore pre-64 model 70 stainless barrel. Who, where, cost and what can I expect as a finished product? [Razz]

Thanks

Jeff [Cool]

[ 06-05-2003, 08:55: Message edited by: BuddyK-9 ]

Posts: 426 | Location: Yakima, Washington, USA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

For $250 I'll take care of that puppy for you. $5 will be for the flat black spray paint and the rest is for..uhhhhhh... labor.

For an extra $25 I'll hand paint it with a brush so you get the real custome texture. Just send it down and I'll let you know when it's done. [Big Grin] Shouldn't take more than a year or two- you know, custom work takes time. [Wink] - Bob

Posts: 385 | Location: Hillsboro, Oregon | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Sheister; [Cool] [Cool]

That sure is an appropriate name for your services! I heard you learned a new browning process from a local plumber, I mean gunsmith of yours, that taught you the brown and wipe finish. Hey, can I get this finish of yours in OD green too?

Jeff [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

[ 06-06-2003, 08:28: Message edited by: BuddyK-9 ]

Posts: 426 | Location: Yakima, Washington, USA | Registered: 30 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
lol, if you pay for his spinach

Posts: 638 | Location: O Canada! | Registered: 21 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Juyst what kind of restore are you referring to? If it is a black finish, try stainless black oxide. UNICO in New Berlin, WI does a great job.

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote