Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester Trigger fitted to a Mauser
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ab_bentley
posted
Can a New Haven Winchester 70 trigger be fitted to a 98 Mauser action? I know they make triggers specifically designed after the NH Winchester trigger to fit Mausers but was curious if there was a way around spending 300$ on an Alaska Arms.

Adam

Ammo, you always need more.

Posts: 463 | Location: Dresden, Ohio | Registered: 09 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
My suggestion if you don't want to spend the money on an Alsaka trigger is just get a Timney. Not traditional but a very good trigger none the less

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ab_bentley
posted Hide Post
The thought had crossed my mind. I want a traditional trigger, but something better than the original Mil trigger. I know you can purchase Pre 64' triggers for around 50$ through Numrich and that's a bit cheaper than the Timney.

ADam

Posts: 463 | Location: Dresden, Ohio | Registered: 09 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
No, a M70 will not fit on a Mauser at all. I use Bold triggers either with thumb safety, or I convert bolt shroud to M70 type side swing safety.

Posts: 17275 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The M98 trigger can be made to work just as fine as the M70. I have one done on a H&H Magnum Mauser, and plenty of custom gunmakers do them.

Good luck with it.

Cheers, Chris

DRSS

Posts: 1971 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ab_bentley
posted Hide Post
Doc, does your trigger have any set screws or over travel screws in it?

Adam

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Blackburn

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1498 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ab_bentley
posted Hide Post
Blackburn, yeah then there's kipplinger too.

Adam

One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
I used the Timney Light (no safety) for many years and for a safety the simplest is the FN type as was made by Buehler with a screw to hold the arm on. They made them either right or left and I saw a new version somewhere recently. The Buehler 2 piece style with the screw requires zero filing where the regular FN style requires you to file a notch in the shroud.The Timney will require some wood be removed from the stock for clearance. I find it to be very reliable as is the safety.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought a Bold trigger for a Mauser because it was a little cheaper than a Timney and was pleasantly surprised because I like it a little better than a Timney. Bold only makes triggers to fit Mausers and they do it right.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1191 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote