Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester quality control
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted
Just curious how much better the Model 70's would be if the money that was being spent developing and marketing all these new fad cartridges were diverted into quality control? Any thoughts?

Good Hunting,

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As long as the new WSm and WSSM keep selling thay don't need to put money into qc. Makin' money. Now if they did both then as someone looks at the new WSM they notice the better quality. The WSM may not be for them but the a 30-06 may be. Winchester would see an increase across the board in all calibers.

Andrew

Posts: 49 | Location: Texas | Registered: 23 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
US Repeating Arms and Olin are two seperate companys, both with the licenced Winchester name. Olin handles the load development like the WSMs, (which I belive are here to stay), while US Repeating Arms builds the rifles. I could be wrong about this, but I belive that USRA is owned by A Japanese company now. The Quliity control on the Wins is leaving something to be desired. I just had a NEW M-70 Classic that could not be put on safe. No big deal, easy fix, but...

Posts: 135 | Location: Grants Pass, OR | Registered: 07 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
John,

I was unaware of the separation between the ammo and rifles--or if I was aware of it, then I forgot. Anyway--as fast as price increases are coming along it would seem they could turn out a much higher quality product! Maybe they could cut the salaries of those at the top of the organizational chart and use THAT money to increase product quality. [Big Grin] I, too, believe the WSM's are here to stay--that's ok with me. I had a 300 WSM that was a shooter--just don't care for the Model 70 fwt. package. My next 300 will be of the H&H variety. [Razz] It's too soon to tell about the WSSM's, though.

Good Hunting,

[ 11-22-2003, 05:11: Message edited by: ACRecurve ]

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote