Find
Notify
Tools

Question about Chick Donnelly.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted
Anyone know if CP Donnelly made complete custom Mausers? I found a nice one that could just have a Siskiyou Donnelly barrel. I appreciate any help. CB

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5231 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
I guess that depends on what you mean by "complete custom" rifles (a la Bill Clinton). He did assemble some semi-custom rifles that he barreled, and maybe some more too.

Did he make custom stocks, custom bottom work, and the like? Not that I know of. I lived 50-60 miles from him for 21 years, was Chief Range Oficer at the largest shooting club in Oregon for years, and I never saw or heard of a "full custom" built by Chick. Doesn't mean he never did, just tells you what little bit I know about his production.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
I appreciate your thoughts. Word on Bill, excuse # 2 is he didn't think it was loaded. CB

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5231 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote