New
Find
Notify
Tools

1909 Argentine Mauser
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a chance to buy a sporterized version for $395. No pits, rust, etc.. Would use as the donor for a custom 7x57.

Deal, or no deal? lol

Doug

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds to high but its hard to say without seeing whats been done to it good or bad.

I know where a couple of Mark X rifles you can maybe get for less

Posts: 344 | Location: Elkin North Carolina USA | Registered: 12 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
3 months ago I bought 3 1909 actions w/bottom metal for $200 each. The guy had more (all gone now), but they were not quite as nice. Still plenty good enough to clean up though. Unless you are in a big hurry, just keep your eyes open for a better deal

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just paid $250 for one and it was original. If this one has been sporterised it would be worth a bit more depending on how much and how well it was done. I would charge about $535 for one that was all done up correctly with new trigger, bolt handle, and botom metal contoured; just all the work needed and that is cheap at twice the price.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5503 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Two months ago, I saw a walk in with 1909 carbine in stock condition for $200, and I let him goFrowner

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a real nice one that doesn't have any bottom metal that I would sell for $250.00.

one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22WRF:
I have a real nice one that doesn't have any bottom metal that I would sell for $250.00.

So basically is a 98 mauser. The big draw to the argentines is the hinged bottom metal.

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I ended up passing, will look for another.

Doug