New
Find
Notify
Tools

Small Bolt Knobs for Mini Mausers
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a few bolt knobs which I have available for the mini Mauser actions. These are free hand machined and are about .710. I can add panels of engraved checkering. Anyone interested?

Posts: 965 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Yes Les I'm interested.
I have 2 Mini Mausers and the tiny bolt handle is my only complaint.
Let me know what bare handles cost and what engraved panels cost please.
Thanks

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
I'd like the bolt handle shown on the far right. Let me know how much $$ and where to send it. PM or email is fine.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They look great! I made a batch for mini mausers but unfortunately only made enough for a few customers and myself. Wish I had made more as there does seem to be a demand.

What do you charge for engraved checkering? I have had a few customers inquire about it.

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1505 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't except bolts which are welded on bolt body to checker. I will engrave checkering on the knob with 30 lines per inch spacing. The price per panel is $15 on the bolt knobs shown in the picture. $20 + 3 panels + shipping + $5 === $70

Price will go up after these are gone.

Les

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Les

Are these 1018, 4140 or 12L14? My guess it doesn't matter, except 12L14 is said to be a problem welding. The Metalurgy of the newer mini might match with 4140 compared with older mausers where 1018 seems to match. Maybe it really doesn't matter if welded correctly.

Roger

Posts: 254 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 20 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
These bolts are cold roll 1018 and I haven't had a problem welding on the mini mauser using o/a torch. The alloy in the mini's seems to be 4140.

Les

One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent

Posts: 981 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote