New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sako Rifle Question...
 Login/Join

<Ben H>
posted
Would someone be kind enough to explain the difference between a SAKO 75 an a SAKO AV. I'm new to SAKO rifles and have been looking around for one in .338 WM.

Thanks in Advance,
Ben H

<1GEEJAY>
posted
Hey'
If my aging memory serves me,I think the major changes,were to the bolt,and they added a lock.The mounting system is the same.Several aquaintences have purchased them,and are happy with the quality of the rifle.
1geejay
www.shooting-hunting.com [Wink]

one of us
posted Hide Post
The AV is a two lug action whereas the newer Sako 75 is a three lug action.Shorter bolt lift is probably the only advantage.The 75 was made without the bolt lock for the first two or three years production.

Posts: 588 | Location: Sherwood Park,Alberta,Canada | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ben H:
I'm a recent Sako convert. I bought my wife a used unfired Sako 75 in 30-06 and it shot so well with just about everything I put through it that I went out and bought me one in 338wm and was not disappointed. Both rifles are the wood stocked Hunter models and both will shoot under 1/2" at 100yds with my hand loads all day long.If you buy one in 338wm and don't like it,drop me a line and I will gladly take it off your hands.

Paul K

Posts: 731 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 22 January 2002Reply With Quote