New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heym Express Scope Mount
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am having an issue with a Heym Express rifle in a 404J. The Heym rifle comes with Tally rings specifically made for it and the receiver is not drilled and tapped. This results in the distance between the rings being too long for anything other than a scope without a front bell because of the long mauser action. Was hoping to mount a Z6i 1.7x10 42mm but it will not fit. I am curious if there are any solutions to this issue like offset rings/mounts. I have spoken with the folks at EAW and New England Guns and am told short of having some made there is no option, but I thought I would ask the experts before I ditched that scope for one without a front bell.

Thanks!

Sam

Posts: 60 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: 15 July 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
You have expressed your possible CoA well.
I only see them either with straight tube scopes, or drilled for extension rings and bases. Like EAW.
Or with longer scopes with enough tube between the bells to fit your action.

Posts: 17275 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I purchased my Heym Martini Express 416 Rigby you could bundle it with the Swaro Z6i straight tube scope in Talley rings. For me the Swaro had to be mounted too high due to the large eyepiece. At least for me the extra height on the scope made target acquisition a bit slower and high mounting on big bore rifles allow the stock to accelerate further on recoil before compressing the cheek and thus produce more perceived cheek impact.

The solution I went to was a Zeiss Victory HT 1.5-6 x 42 scope in Alaskan Arms quick detachable rings. The smaller eyepiece allowed the scope to be mounted about .2" lower and the Alaskan Arms rings go back on to the exact point of aim when removed/reinstalled. The scope mounts a bit further forward than some might like but it works perfectly for me.

Posts: 161 | Location: Dallas area | Registered: 07 October 2012Reply With Quote